Those making one or more biocidal products available on the market in Belgium must pay an annual contribution for this. The amount depends on the risks posed by the product and the quantities sold on the Belgian market.
How is the annual contribution calculated?
The annual contribution amount depends on the following aspects:
- Hazard score of the product
- Quantity of the biocidal product that you have sold on the Belgian market in the previous year
Each biocidal product registered in Belgium is assigned a ‘hazard score’. The hazard points are calculated on the basis of the hazard (H) statements: the hazards or hazard categories mentioned in the Certificate of Registration of the product (according to the Royal Decree of 13 November 2011, Art. 7 § 2).
The quantity of biocidal product you have sold in a given year must be declared to the FPS before 31 January of the following year (according to the Royal Decree of 4 April 2019, Art. 31).The contribution amount to be paid is calculated automatically. Sales figures are treated confidentially and never published.
How and when do I pay the annual contribution?
To pay the annual contribution properly, you must first declare the quantities of a registered biocidal product that you have sold on the Belgian market in the previous year.
- In early January, your contact person for the annual contribution will receive an e-mail referring to an automatically generated letter in the Gestautor application. Subsequently, you need to report, using that same application, the quantities sold of each product in the previous year. All sales figures are treated with utmost confidentiality.
- You must report the sales figures before 31 January, otherwise a surcharge will be applied.
- After reporting the quantities, you will receive an automatic message confirming that the information provided has been processed correctly. At the same time, the amount of the annual contribution is being calculated and the corresponding invoice is made available in the Gestautor application."
- The annual contribution must be paid by 31 March. In case of failure to pay or delayed payment, a surcharge will be applied.
To ensure timely processing of your payment, make use of the structured payment reference mentioned on the payment notice.
If you fail to pay the annual contribution, the registration of your biocidal product may be suspended or permanently withdrawn.
If you have further questions about the declaration of the quantities sold or the annual contribution amount, you may contact the FPS via firstname.lastname@example.org.